Item: Sony WM-DDII door hinge fix , new, unused
Sony WM-DDII door hinge fix is custom made professionally using CNC, punching etc. Lot of manual work is involved
This part solves problem with broken hinge. Now, anyone can fix the gear himself, quickly and easily.
Get your spare parts to be able to fix your cassette player. Check our General Repair Instructions to find basic information about tools and skills needed to repair your player.
Other parts that you will probably also need to fix your player:
- capstan ring – aged rubber will contribute to noisy mechanics and higher wow/flutter
- small reel gear – in many cases, this one is cracked, too
Unlike modern electronics, your player was built to last for decades. However, even this player contains some parts that deteriorate and you need to replace them. To fix it, you will need to perform some routine tasks, like replace rubber parts, do cleaning and lubrication. Finally, you should adjust and check azimuth, output level and speed. Read our Instructions section to learn more about repairs.
Cannot find your part here? First of all, try to find it using our search form. If you cannot find it anyway, then measure dimensions of your part, visit appropriate shop category and choose part that has dimensions similar to your one. Still cannot find it? Use our inquiry form. Before you contact us, rather check other sources of useful information, first. We cannot guarantee to answer all technical questions because of time restrictions.
Most probable reasons of cassette player failure
- Aged belt – needs to be replaced, there is no other help.
- Pinch roller – clean it well with IPA. If it doesn’t help, then you need to replace it.
- Corroded battery contacts – clean them well
- Volume pot oxidized – there are special sprays for that purpose. Apply only small drop, do not spray everything
Other: leaked capacitors, cracked plastic parts, old grease and oil turned into glue, dirty switches, dirt inside player, worn head (can be lapped), faulty electronics, damage caused by leaked battery, dry motor bearings
After each repair of cassette player, speed must be adjusted!